Folkert Scholarship: $500
This scholarship offers $500 towards one two-week summer session at Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp in memory of Kendall Folkert. The scholarship is available to any student entering ninth grade in the fall. The applicant must demonstrate enthusiasm, ability and passion in instrumental music, choir, theatre, dance or visual arts. Formal training is unnecessary. Scholarship partner: General Federated Women's Club of Mt. Pleasant (GFWC). Students must exhibit proof of acceptance to Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp.
Stephenson Creative Writing Award: $300
This creative writing award was established in memory of Jo Stephenson through Art Reach. Stephenson was a professional journalist employed with Central Michigan University until her death in 1991. The $300 award may be used in any way that will benefit the recipient's writing ability. Scholarship partner: Betty Stephenson.
MCACA Minigrant Program:
The Region Re-granting Minigrant Program is a grants-giving partnership funded by the State of Michigan through the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs (MCACA) and administered by agencies in each region of the state. Art Reach of Mid Michigan serves as the Regional Regranting Agency for Isabella, Clare, Gratiot and Gladwin Counties.
MCACA minigrants are available to registered non-profit organizations. This includes (but is not limited to) service organizations, arts organizations, parks and recreational organizations, churches, professional associations, public and non-public schools, cities, townships, counties and villages.
Currently, the following grants are available:
- 2013 Professional and Organizational Development Minigrants are available to assist nonprofit arts organizations and arts professionals to acquire services or skills to strengthen the administrative infrastructure of the organization to do business in Michigan. Grants awarded must not exceed 75% of total project cost up to $1,500. A 25% cash or in-kind match is required.
- Applicants to the Minigrant Program must use the MCACA on-line application at mcaca.egrant.net (no www).
- All Minigrant applicants must participate in the Cultural Data Project (www.miculturaldata.org). Two years data must be submitted and a funder report is required as an attachment to the Minigrant application.
- FY13 Minigrant applications must be submitted electronically by 5 p.m. on Friday, February 1, 2013.
- Awards will be announced by March 1, 2013.
- Projects funded must be completed between February 1, 2013 and September 30, 2013.
- Guidelines are available on the Art Reach web site (www.artreachcenter.org) or by phoning 989.773.3689.